The Al-Rahma Mosque is a large and busy Mosque and Islamic Centre, with a long history of serving Muslims from well over 60 nations in the Liverpool City Region.
The Liverpool Muslim Society (LMS) is seeking to recruit an inspirational Imam to run the activities of the Mosque & Islamic Centre by engaging with the wider and diverse community members with emphasis on Muslim youth and reverts. The Imam will also represent LMS and the Muslim community in the media and official meetings and events. The candidate must have skills in the following areas:
- Have a strong understanding of Islam and Muslims
- Memoriser of the Qur’an (Hafidh Al-Qur’an) – Desirable if all Quran.
- Holds a recognised Ijazah qualification along with significant experiential learning – A holder of a bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies or a related field would be ideal.
- Fluent in both English and Arabic (Spoken and Written).
- Able and confident to represent LMS on official capacity. Offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance and references.
|Salary||£20K to £35K per annum|
|Type||Full Time – 37.5 hours/week|
|Role Summary||To take responsibility of the religious, community and educational affairs of LMS by providing Islamic guidance, practices and leadership to the Muslim community of Liverpool according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed (Peace and blessings be upon him).|